Well, all good things must come to an end, and after tonight, Big Brother 14 will be in the books. It’s been a great summer with plenty of drama, blindsides, backdoors and the stuff we all have come to enjoy during a Big Brother season. While there has been plenty of downtime and slow weeks, overall I’d have to say this was a pretty damn good season. At first, I was very apprehensive about players re-entering the game – yet again, but by allowing them to coach was a decent twist.
While they clearly failed at the coach aspect, only giving each one 3 players for an entire summer (should have been 4-5 each), that made it clear re-entering the game was planned from the start. They were on a pace to end the show in late July if none of the coaches pushed the button, and that would have been without the extremely fantastic final few live shows we were able to watch. With millions of lost ad revenue and live feed sales, I’m going to guess the production planned the entire thing including who would push the button and who wouldn’t.
Theories aside, I’m glad it happened the way it did. Until the merge, the biggest entertainment the show had was the battle between Willie and Frank, and all the drama Russell’s brother brought to the table. When Willie got the boot, things certainly slowed down for a brief period until the merge happened and the coaches were no longer sleeping through the summer.
Anyway, now that I think about it, I’m going to list some of my favorite moments from the summer…
- Like I mentioned above, the Willie boot. When things started going Frank’s way, you knew it was going to be a rough week for Willie. Then the feeds came back live to see Willie pouting at the kitchen table eating pork rinds. Suddenly some yelling happened, and poof.. feeds down. All types of rumors circulated about a fight in the house, Willie throwing food, headbutting Joe, etc. While it wasn’t as serious as the rumors, it was still enough to get Willie evicted from the house.
- Boogie somehow managing to convince the fab four to align with them, even if it was just for a week, and end up voting out Janelle. This was certainly one of Boogies finer moments in his Big Brother career. Sure, he won All-Stars, but to pull such a move without the brilliant Dr. Will guiding him was simply impressive.
- Ian’s super awkward dates with Ashley. The first actually didn’t go too bad, but the second was just them sitting around a table not saying a word to each other pretending things weren’t incredibly uncomfortable.
- The party after the sushi dinner with Wil getting wasted, spin the bottle, Ashley making out with half the house, Ian streaking and Wil marching into the pool wearing his birthday suit.
- Live-blogging Dan’s funeral. That was probably the first time as a blogger I was able to capture moment by moment such a game changing event and write about it as it was happening. Granted I’ve only blogged BB13 and BB14, but that was a night I won’t forget any time soon. Of course, the actual funeral was a masterpiece, but CBS loves it so much I’m sure you’ll see repeats of it again tonight.
- Going on my one major vacation a year and my server decides to crap out the very next day. Sitting in a hotel room dealing with all types of tech support trying to get things moving, waking up every 2 hours to check on things. While this may not be a favorite moment of the summer, it was certainly memorable.
- The live double eviction episodes. Both were extremely entertaining to watch, and the first was probably the best live show I’ve seen in Big Brother. Frank, hanging by a thread managed to win PoV after Ian came out as a betrayer of their alliance. Watching all the people complain on twitter about the conspiracy theories that Frank had 3-4 veto symbols.. completely ignoring that Frank was the best athlete out there.
- The second double eviction show, which I thought was going to be a snoozer, but when Dan clearly had a chance to get Ian out of the game and was going for it, that made the live veto another intense competition. You could see the desperation in the eyes of Ian as he worked that maze like a maniac, and then his scream of relief when he won. Incredible.
- Finally, the last live eviction of the season when Dan convinced Danielle to save him from the block, so he can get the blood on his hands and vote out Ian. However, he chose to vote out Shane leaving Danielle, and many of the viewers completely stunned for a long time. Danielle had a perfect chance to go to the final 3 with whoever she chose, but putting it in Dan’s hand should go down like someone being evicted from Survivor while holding the immunity idol.
I will be live blogging the finale tonight, and it starts immediately following Survivor’s premiere. I’m pretty sure it’s at 9:30 est and should be another interesting episode as we get to see the jury yet again, and see if Ian actually throws the final to Dan.
Many people will probably be watching the show and not search for Big Brother info, so while I have you, be sure to follow me on twitter or facebook for information on Big Brother 15. And if I don’t say it tonight, thanks for reading and commenting all summer. You guys make blogging worth it!