The Big Brother house is such a weird place to be. As soon as Cody won the HoH, Donny’s game was in jeopardy, and when he also won the PoV, it was basically doomed. The entire week had the feel of a house waiting until Thursday night and it even got so bad people slept in until 2pm yesterday (!) .. that was a fun blogging day. Then, boredom must have struck because Operation Save Donny went underway by Frankie and he was on a mission for the last 22 or so hours. For about 30 minutes this afternoon, I think his mission was about to be successful. Caleb was on board, even Cody broke down and seemed willing to keep Donny. Then Cody went to speak to Nicole and the plan changed back to Operation Evict Donny.
All that really came out of the afternoon was the amount of Calebism’s said (I made that up today, and I am kicking myself for not doing it sooner). Caleb is the next Yogi Berra with such gems as “We can go with one and see what happens, or we can go with the other and see what happens” and “You need to look at it like a globe. You can’t look at from one side because you won’t see the whole thing. You need to back up, get outside the box and look in to see what you’re looking at”. Absolute genius. If there has been one person to completely grow on me after being a pretty big douche, it’s Caleb. I actually like him now and hope he’s there until the end.
I still have time before the updates, so let me get some plugs in..
- 4:40pm – Still over an hour to go until showtime. Again, make sure you check local listings because the NFL may be on (it is up here in New England).
- 6:00pm – It’s showtime!
- We get to meet Christine’s husband tonight. Should be interesting.
- Julie points out that Nicole has a chance to make history. Going from HoH to evicted to returned to evicted all within two weeks.
- Showing some highlights of the week. Derrick telling Nicole she’s safe and Donny is dangerous.
- Christine and Nicole make up and say they have no hard feelings. Frankie is watching the two of them reconcile.
- Frankie is paranoid and for good reason. Nicole staying is bad for him. I will laugh if she can pick them off.
- Frankie telling the group about the Apple Pie mission thing. If Julie says yes to apple pie, they got their mission. If no, they failed. This was also the start of the crazy ‘Keep Donny’ campaign.
- Now they’re showing the long talk last night trying to keep Donny. Derrick was too scared to take a stance.
- 9:20pm – Was a commercial break, forgot to write it. Was tweeting. Julie is now revealing the Team America thing.
- Julie asks Frankie about the apple pie thing, and her answer was an overwhelming NO!
- Julie shows clips of the houseguests family. Cody’s father was like ‘Dude!’ Frankie of course gets Ariana. Derrick gets his wife and daughter (who was starting to talk) and Derrick had trouble nearly breaking down.
- Now, time for Christine’s husband clip.
- They show Tim (Christine’s Husband’s) family watching Christine flirting with Cody. Tim said he thinks some boundaries have been crossed. Christine’s mom was more direct ‘I do not like it.. at all. I feel like I raised her different. Half of me wants her to win, half of me wants her out, away from Cody’
- Christine’s father is also not a fan of the way they’re acting.
- Now, they show Cody’s family to get their reaction. They’re not as supportive either, although his father finds it funny.
- 9:30pm – Commercial
- 9:32pm – Back from commercial. Julie said moments before they went live, Frankie made a last minute effort. I am guessing it’s what happened this afternoon.
- Donny thanks god, he loves his family and gf. He wants to continue.
- Nicole does shoutouts, loves the house, is grateful, etc.
Christine – Donny
Victoria – Donny
Frankie – Donny
Caleb – Donny
Derrick – Donny
- 9:36pm – Commercial
- 9:40pm – Interview time.
- Donny has some tears in his eyes. He gets emotional from time to time. His feelings were hurt, plus he just seen his brother on TV.
- No one specifically hurt his feelings, but he feels let down by Team America. They broke that, but he doesn’t blame them. It’s an individual game.
- Donny knew coming in with his age and what he looked like, he was going to be different and befriend people.
- Julie – Why were you a target. Donny – I don’t know. Maybe likability is not good in this game. Everyone who has come out the door, everyone has loved me. That’s not good for the rest of the house.
- Goodbye messages – Christine.. you’re one of the sneakiest. Caleb – My alliance has been trying to get you out but you have suction cups on your fingers. Frankie – I am 100% team america but I couldn’t sacrifice my individual.
- Julie tells Donny that The Bold and the Beautiful wants Donny to guest star.
- 9:47pm – Commerical
- 9:50pm – Back
- Slippery slope competition. They need to run on a slippery thing from one side to another. Fill the jug, get the coal from the snowman’s head. The smaller snowman is $5k dollars and 5k hollas.
- Early prediction – Victoria doesn’t win. Won’t even be close.
- Caleb is making good movement. He is early favorite.
- 9:55pm – Julie said next week is a double eviction. Time to close this and start a live HoH thread.