It is nomination day, and things are not looking too good for my fellow Masshole, Jason. Even though he didn’t give me any shoutouts, it’s hard not to pull for the local guy, so it’s kind of sad to see him being a target. That said, it isn’t much of a shocker. Until the power group turns on itself, the Da’Vonne side of the house is slowly being picked off on by one, and Jason just falls next in line apparently.
Now, let me just point this out before talking about the competition today. Big Brother seriously needs to change up the battle of the block. I don’t remember a time it has been ever used as intended, unless it was designed to see who can be the worst at competitions. What was it designed for at all? To target the strong? Definite fail. To target the floaters? If so, it hasn’t worked out well for that. Most of the strongest and/or entertaining players have been booted early the past two seasons of this twist.
Anyway, before I begin blogging today, two shameless plugs related to my upcoming trip…
Donations – I explain it more in the link. The trip caught me off guard. I didn’t want to ask for donations this season, but desperate times…
Contact Me – I’m looking to test out an open-thread style format for the live eviction while I’m gone. Looking for volunteers who have registered accounts here
Ok, here we go….
- 9:40am – Austin, Vanessa and Clay are deciding who to put on the block. That isn’t a typo. The actual HoH (Shelli) is just freaking out and saying things like “I am hearing voices but I cannot understand what you guys are saying. I’ve had no sleep, etc”. Liz is just off in Liz World, so Austin is basically coaching her through her pick.
- Either way, it sounds like they’re making far too big a deal out of it. They have multiple options to safely pick. Literally 95% of the strongest players in the house are in the same alliance. It almost makes no difference which ‘other side’ goes home this week (from their point of view). Jason, Meg, Steve, James, or even Becky. 5 super easy options, but they’re so confused.
- Yet, Clay is asking John to be nominated and throw the battle of the block AGAIN. STOP! Argh.
- Just after I posted that, feeds went down for nominations.
- 10:30am – I am heading out for an errand, shouldn’t take too long. Will update when I return
- 12:30pm – Ok, I’m back. Nominations are complete. Here they are:
- Liz: James, Jackie
- Shelli: Jason, John
- There you have it. Local boy Jason is clearly the target as he sits there with Pawn, err I mean John. James and Jackie will be pushed to win the Botb and be safe this week, but you never know if that will happen. I don’t think Jason is going to throw it in like James did last week, so maybe he’ll pull a Frankie and win it by himself.
- Shelli is talking about how frustrating it is taking to Audrey lately. She feels she has to keep repeating herself
- Shelli is telling Clay that she told Johnny to win the botb if he can.
- 1:11pm – Shelli has been venting to Clay about Audrey for awhile now. I don’t understand, if Audrey is such a big deal, why not get her out? Is Da’Vonne on to something?
- 1:22pm – Headache, need power nap. Be back shortly. Botb should be coming up soon anyway
- 3:30pm – I left, Clay and Shelli were in bed talking to Jason. I came back, Clay and Shelli are in bed talking about random stuff. Are they going to move this week if she keeps power?
- Scrolling back at the twitter feed, it looks like the afternoon was spent on Shelli or Liz. I guess the rest of the house may have been sleeping.
- 4:25pm – The pawn is up talking to Clay and Shelli in their HoH room, while the HoH (Vanessa) is advising the puppet HoH (Liz) on moves.
- 5:15pm – Just got back from getting a coffee, feeds on Jeff loops meaning likely BOTB competition going on. Should take at least an hour, maybe 3
- 6:45pm – Feeds still on Jeff loops. Competition still going on.
- 7:15pm – Feeds back, results:
- James and Jackie won the battle.
- Liz de-throned.
- Jason and John remain on block
- Shelli Remains as HoH
- 7:30pm – Apparently the losing trio got pagers and have to do some type of performance when it goes off. This prompts John to talk about his residency at the hospital with Becky (who tells him he has her vote)
- 8:00pm – James is upstairs in the HoH room telling Shelli that Audrey is pissed at her for using Jason as a scapegoat or something (his words)
- They continue talking, and Shelli says Audrey is forcing her to use the backdoor on her if the situation comes up. I guess Shelli told Jason something at some point.
- Right before the BotB competition, Audrey went up to the HoH room and told Shelli she had a dream about her doing something but couldn’t get into it because the competition begins. It’s funny because Audrey has a lot of dreams, but this is becoming a self-fulfilling prophecy. Audrey is driving Shelli crazy worrying about being put on the block that it may end up with her going on the block.
- Shelli is now re-telling Audrey’s dream to Vanessa
- 9:30pm – The Big Brother house’s friday night is about as exciting as mine. Everyone is just kind of laying around. Shelli and a few others napping in HoH room, Vanessa and Liz on the other feed
- 10:15pm – The nap hour is over I guess. They’re awake in the HoH room and Meg/James are chatting in the bathroom
- 11:00pm – Houseguests roaming around kitchen, many trying on one of the wigs they got from the competition today. I guess it was a 90’s theme and Clay was ‘Clay Cobain’
With that, I am off to bed. Updates tomorrow