Sometimes veto competitions are nearly irrelevant, and sometimes they are huge, and sometimes they are just Becky (plain). Ironically in a week with Becky as HoH, the PoV competition seems to rank around ‘Becky’ on the importance scale. It would actually rank pretty low if Becky didn’t have this weird idea to save Shelli under certain situations.
The way it’s happening right now is that there is a plan in motion for Vanessa to be the backdoor target. That’s all well and good (unless you’re a fan of Vanessa), but some of her other options are kind of head scratching. Becky also wants to save Shelli, as she told her she’d be safe this week. So, if the PoV is not used for whatever reason (say Austin wins), Steve would actually probably end up walking out the door instead of Shelli.
With that said, it’s pretty much a neutral situation because Steve has been voting however Vanessa wanted anyway, plus he is actually planning on trying in these upcoming competitions. The thing about that is, either Becky knows this and she’s far more aware than I give her credit for, or she’s shooting in the dark and will end up hitting a target she didn’t even realize was as big of a threat as he is. Steve is 100% Vanessa’s puppet right now, and he’s a very, very smart puppet. And, as we watched during Ian’s season, competitions tend to favor memory the further along the season goes.
Long story short. It sounds like Steve or Vanessa will walk out the door this week. If it’s Steve, the house may be disappointed, as I don’t think they’ll actually realize how good of a situation that is.
Enough rambling, updates:
- 10:30am – The feeds went down. They are possibly picking players for the veto competition today.
- 11:00am – Feeds back, Shelli picked Vanessa to play even though John promised he’d save Shelli if he played/won.
- Becky, Steve, Shelli, Vanessa (HG choice), Austin, Meg are playing today
- Austin and Vanessa ran into the HN room after picks were made. People think it’s to keep noms the same if won. Good thing Shelli picked her
- 11:30am – Vanessa pulls Shelli aside and says if it’s down to the two of them, Shelli should throw it to Vanessa. Van will use it and save her. We’ll see.
- The house is up and prepping for the competition. I am going to run out to do some errands. I should be back before the competition ends (it hasn’t started yet).
- 1:00pm – The veto competition has been going on for about an hour now.
- 2:45pm – Veto comp still going on
- 4:00pm – Feeds still down
- 4:30pm – Still down
- 6:30pm – Feeds have been back for 30 minutes, but when the comp is 5 hours long, I can’t be on time lol. Anyway, results:
- Steve won the POV
- On a side note – They have to get Liz and/or Julia out soon. They are becoming nails on a chalk board when they’re in the same room. The way they whine when they talk is wearing on me. I’ve heard them talk normal, but when they’re in group situations, it’s awful.
- Another note – Vanessa is the only person in the house to win the PoV this season while not on the block.
- Vanessa is off to dream land where she will go to a place where she isn’t completely screwed this week. But seriously, stranger things have happened. It’s not like Vanessa found out a secret about someone the same week they won the power to disqualify 3 votes *cough* Day. Don’t count Vanessa out just yet.
- 7:15pm – Grabbed a coffee. Came back to Shelli talking about the competition with the whiners, and it sounds like it was the comic book competition. Where they zipline across and get a peek at the comic on the wall. The best part of that are the actual comic covers. That said, the theme this year sounds more like movies because they had a ‘showgirls’, but either way, the drawings are great
- 7:25pm – Jackie and Meg doing their hair is more tolerable than listening to the twins talk at this point.
- Becky apparently won another $5k this competition
- 7:45pm – Jackie, Meg and Becky are in the HoH talking about Vanessa. She is screwed this week
- Jackie wants to blow up Vanessa’s game, but Becky is telling her not to because she could come back into the game
- Becky jokes that she is going to tell Vanessa that she made such a convincing argument to keep Shelli last week, she’s going to keep her this week
- 8:00pm – Becky is getting herself all worked up, kind of funny to hear her angry
- Austin joined. The group thought for sure Steve had no chance because of how physical the comp was, but his memory, he probably only needed to do each person once or twice.
- 8:45pm – The group is now talking about the vibe of the show compared to bb15. Meg thinks they changed the vibe of the show, I agree. Casting has been much more careful.
- Steve joined the room and they joked and asked if he has a backyard zipline competition set up at his house so he could practice
- 9:24pm – The girls tell Steve his picture looked like Howard Stern. He doesn’t know who Howard Stern is
- Becky said she used someone as a reference, and the person said Becky was great, etc… just don’t put her around trains lol. Poor Becky
- 9:30pm – Switching feeds to kitchen. Twins, Shelli, Austin and Vanessa. Let’s see how long I can tolerate
- Outside is open
- Liz was teasing Austin about his ponytail beard. Austin seems kind of upset now, so he’s outside asking Becky what she thinks
- Shelli is getting involved, she is relaying a message from Austin to Liz. If he cuts his beard, what does he get? (like, level of commitment)
- 10:30pm – So, the past hour has been spent relaying messages back and forth from Austin to Liz. I don’t even know how to explain this, just wild.
- Ok, that whole situation was pretty painful. You can watch more of it on BBAD or the live feeds. Austin and Liz are going to have a hammock date and I want to be able to hold my food down, so I’m heading to bed.
Check back for updates