It’s here! Big Brother 18 is here! This is rare, but I’m at a loss for words. I cannot believe how fast time has gone by. I cannot believe it’s been nearly a year since I was in the audience of a live eviction (bye, Jason). I cannot believe they’re having yet another season with likely returning players. Well, the last one I can believe.
On the bright side, there are rumors of Pandora’s Box returning, but don’t get excited just yet. There is probably a 50/50 chance it will just be a fluff stunt where the HoH gets to stay in a room with like Aaryn or someone while the rest of the house goes on a shopping spree. Note – it actually won’t be Aaryn. She just had a baby, so congrats to her! Probably Jessie – again.
As far as returning players go, there have been a ton of rumors swirling, but one that I like is the one where the four mystery guests are not simply added to the house. They’ll potentially battle it out with evicted houseguests for the first four weeks with the winners returning to the house and the losers going home. I believe my buddy at Big Brother Network has that rumor going, but I like it. I guess we’ll just wait an hour to see!
Also, I decided I’m going to blog how I feel this summer. Don’t worry, I’m still going to give you guys the updates per normal, but I’ll probably go back to rambling about random things from time to time as well. People raged about me talking about my personal life, so I toned it down a bit later year (except for the trip to the live taping), but I’m just going to be me because … why not?
Enough rambling, here are the live show updates:
(these times in est)
- 8:00pm – Julie announces 3 twists during this 2-night event
- 8:05pm – They’re doing the promo of the houseguests getting their keys. Julie did also announce that 4 ‘stowaways’ are already in the house.
- 8:15pm – Promos getting boring. I want to know about the twists
- Ok, promos are done. Julie letting people into the house now
- Paul mentions Bronte’s voice sounds like she’s been sucking on helium
- The house is all sitting around now introducing themselves. This is where people fall in love
- 8:25pm – Commercial break. Julie is going to announce the 4 extra players after the break
- The first returning player – Nicole from BB16
- The second player – James from BB17
- The third player – Da’Vonne from BB17
- The fourth player – Frank from BB14
- 8:45pm – Julie calls the house back into the living room…
- They have to play in teams of 4. That obviously won’t last long
- First HoH competition is underway. Endurance comp where the teams of 4 hang on rockets.
- But first, they select teams. The captains are the formers. They have to select members of the opposite sex.
- Frank – Michelle – Paulie – Bridgette
- Da’Vonne – Paul – Zakiyah – Jozea
- James – Natalie – Victor – Bronte
- Nicole – Corey – Tiffany – Glenn (last pick)
- HoH comp – First team to fall off gets have-not. Second gets a punishment. Third gets cash. Winner gets safety for next two evictions
- 9:00pm – We’re about to begin the HoH competition
- They add rain to make the rockets slippery
- Tiffany, Glenn then Nicole all down. Just Corey left before they get HN
- Team Da’Vonne are first off. They are havenots
- Commercial break with Victor, Corey, and Paulie are only remaining
- Paulie falls. Team Frank gets the punishment
- Corey falls. Team Nicole gets cash
- Team James has immunity first two evictions
- 9:20pm – After the newbies discussed eliminating vets first, teams split off. They’re thinking team names.
- Team Frank = Category4
- Team Nicole = Freakazoids
- Team James = TeamUnicorn
- Team Day = BigSister
- 9:25pm – Julie calls them all back into the living room. TeamUnicorn doesn’t need to play in this next round. The winner of 2 out of the other 3 teams also get safety. The losing team has to compete against themselves and the loser will go home
- Let me re-phrase now that commercial break. The 3 teams will compete. Round 1 winner is safe. Round 2 winner is safe, and round 2 loser will go into round 3. Round 3 will be the losing team facing off against each other and the loser of that round goes home with no vote.
- 9:30pm – Weird pyramid building competition.
- Round 1 – BigSister drops it all. Then Cat4. Freakazoid still in lead
- Team Freakazoid drops it. Anyone’s game
- Category4 wins round 1.
- BigSis vs Freaks in round 2
- Round 2 – They need to work together to solve a sandcastle puzzle.
- They go to commercial break with Nicole’s team looking like they have it, but didn’t confirm
- As expected, team Nicole screwed up the base. They’re quickly reassembling
- Team BigSister wins. Da’Vonne will make it to week 2
Before I forget, I may get an app for the website that does live blogging differently. Instead of refreshing the page every few minutes, it will just show the updates as they appear. I have to pay for it, and I’m cheap, but I’ll likely get it and try it out sometime this week. I have a feeling I’ll be making good use of it this season.