Crouching Tiger, Hidden Boot (Christmas) won hoh and the house was quiet compared to what is a normal evening for this group. I don’t understand how she was cleared to play. It’s a foot race! I understand that she never had to run but that has nothing to do with her being cleared for it before it started. Last nights chat:
- Xmas told Josh she didn’t mean to attack him (Kevin) that day and that they had an “unintentional fight.” She told Josh to stop looking so happy.
- Xmas told Kevin she has his back and he has nothing to worry about. She said she knew it was a leap of faith when he threw the comp. Kevin told her about one of his talks with Jason when Jason told him that he had to separate because Jason’s best chance to win was with Alex. He told Xmas that Jason said “no one can beat me and her.” (I don’t know if Jason put it that way or not but good for Kevin)
- Paul told most of the house at different times how he “threatened” Kevin during the comp because at first Kevin didn’t want to throw it. He said he told him that if he didn’t drop, he would win himself and get Kevin out of the house.
- Paul & Josh volunteered to be HN’s if they need to. This will probably make Alex mad since she wants Kevin to do it again.
- Paul told Kevin to stay in his room, read the Bible, not to worry and not ask questions. Kevin questions further and Paul tells him he won’t go otb as a nom or as a renom. Paul tells him he’s better off not knowing the plan but there isn’t a back door anymore.
- Raven said that Matt will call Cody out in jury, thinks Julie seemed sad for Matt and Raven to be separated, told Xmas she was sleeping in the HOH after noms and has gone back to wearing her friendship bracelet. She also made a fake Matt with the heart-shaped pillow to snuggle with- copying Jessica. She also talks about her Cali trip she has planned with Matt after the show. (I guess Mom can wait) She put on quite a show with a bowl of cereal and sad eyes for the cameras last night.
- Jason said he couldn’t find the M&M’s and Kevin told him they were in the condom drawer. He said this in front of Raven and the look on her face was priceless.
- Jason wondered how long the comp would have gone on if they had actually competed.
- Xmas was surprised to find out James had ever won AFP.
- Paul told Xmas they should keep winning the hoh’s and he should win the vetoes because vetoes are his specialty. (He’s leaving out that the last veto comp was an hoh before and lasts nights hoh was a veto comp before)
- Alex volunteered to go OTB as a pawn next to Kevin.
My thoughts on the live show and hoh comp:
- First and most importantly, what the hell was Julie wearing? I complimented her last week and she shows up wearing a couple of poodles on her arms this week.
- Matt was more obsessed with Jason being in the storage room & Raven said “loyalty” even more than I remembered. Jason did tell her he would pull her off the block. Who cares? It’s BB.
- The show made it look like Kevin went after Paul out by the pool, they didn’t show how far Xmas pushed Kevin before he got mad in the kitchen and Alex got a very good edit. I hope they show more of how it really went down on Sunday’s show and since the hoh comp was so short, they’ll certainly have time.
- Raven and Matt practiced everything they would say and do for the live show and that’s the best they could come up with? I noticed Raven telling Matt during her speech that she couldn’t wait to see him when the “show was over” instead of “hopefully I don’t see you too soon in jury.” She really believes these people are there to help her win the game.
- Alex is a Paul Jr with that stupid pool toy and I was surprised to see her give Kevin a high five in the hallway during voting.
- Alex’s DR clip had her saying it’s time for her to put on her boxing gloves except Jason took the heat alone while she took the position of not knowing he was going to do it. (And when she did “help” it was to take the blame for keeping Jason in the storage room because she was ‘yelling at him’ for his move. Defended him by throwing him under the bus)
- Many people seemed upset and felt Julie didn’t call Matt out on his HN cheating. Once BB made the decision to ride the week out, nothing was going to happen. If he was going to be a ejected or sent home instead of jury, it would have happened during the week. They’re not going to show a segment on how they let Matt cheat all week and did nothing about it. It was never going to be addressed and she only mentioned his eating as a HN because they had to explain the extra vote.
- Julie did throw plenty of shade at Matt. She just did it in her subtle way. She wanted to know when he decided to “throw his game away” and she worded it that way. She mentioned what a short time he had know Raven. When Matt mentioned what a gamer Raven is and that he thought she could win, she asked him “Why? She hasn’t won anything.” She also asked him if he came into the game wanting to win or not.
- It may have been a coincidence of timing but for a moment, I thought Raven’s makeup in her goodbye message scared my new puppy. I mean, WOW!
- I wish Paul would stop trying to make Gumpy a thing. We enjoyed pissed and never cared but Gumpy is stupid.
- We all know Paul continues to talk about Cody daily and my personal favorite was sometime last week when he said he would like for them to fight after the show. I laughed when Paul started talking about Cody as the credits were rolling at the end of the show. I don’t think he meant to give Cody any live show air time but he did. (Cody would completely destroy Paul or anyone else in the house who tried to fight him – imo)
- It’s funny that Elena can call people out for playing Big Paul when she did it too. I expect to see more of this as people go to jury. (A lot of buyer’s remorse this season from these dopes)
It sounds like the HOH comp was very short but it could end up being video proof of why Paul should win the season because it sums up BB19 perfectly. It’s a group of people not willing and/or wanting to play and people giving in to Paul’s demands even when they didn’t feel good about it. (Alex & Kevin didnt want to throw it) Not only did every single person drop out, it sounds like they did it in the exact order Paul had said to do it. This left the only player who has doctor’s orders to keep weight off their foot for two weeks, winning a comp that’s basically a foot race. I’ve seen some crazy sh*t on Big Brother but this may top it all.
Check back later today and Steve will update you on today’s shocking (but not shocking) nominations. Have a great weekend!