It is nomination day inside the Big Brother 18 house, and there are only a handful of people Paulie is going to choose from. Bronte, Natalie, Victor, and Paul will be the targets, especially considering they voted Paulie out, so it’s nice to get a little payback right away. I am not going to talk much about nominations until they happen, simply because I think everyone knows what to expect, including the people in the house.
The big thing I want to talk about is the “Battle Back” competition that was mentioned last night, but I never had a chance to touch on it. While everyone expected some sort of player to return to the game, considering they do that basically every season now, I don’t know of many people who expected this, and in this format. Unlike the last time pre-jury members battled to return, this time the format is going to be more ‘Survivorish’ with that Redemption Island thing they had going for a few seasons. However, unlike Survivor, Big Brother’s format does not allow for the cast inside the house to know what’s going on. This way they cannot plan their evictions based on the competition and keep sending strong people to face Jozea until someone wipes him out. While they may send strong people home anyway, it won’t be because of this competition. (Note: It is possible the house learns of it next week during the live eviction, but I doubt it)
If you missed how it works, now that two people are outside of the house (Glenn and Jozea), they will battle in a 1v1 competition at some point over the next week. The winner of that competition remains in sequester while the loser hops on a plane and officially ends their Big Brother run. The winner (probably Jozea, let’s be real) will then wait and face off against the next eliminated person (probably Victor). The winner of that moves on, and so forth. This will go on for a few more weeks until 5 total people have been evicted, and I think on the 6th week they’ll have the final winner who will then re-enter the house and likely be re-evicted the soonest they possibly can be. It’s something to keep us entertained for the first third of the season, but whoever re-enters is not winning the game. I mean they can, but they won’t.
With that out of the way, it’s time to get to the feed updates, but in the words of Julie…
I want to throw out a small plug again.
- Follow us on Facebook and/or Twitter for updates
- Want to help support the blog, and the writers? Lean about donating here
Ok, here are the feed updates:
- 9:30am – The feeds broke for the nomination meeting.
- 11:00am – Feeds still down for nominations
- 11:30am – Feeds back.. noms shortly.
- Bronte and Paul are nominated. Victor is backdoor plan
- Corey and Frank are telling a story about Victor. He said he wouldn’t shave his head for a comp. He’s ‘making money when he gets out of the house’, and he’s going to be an actor in a soap opera when he gets out of the house. Oh boy. Maybe he forgets Caleb who still had a career after shaving his head. (just kidding, Victor probably never saw Caleb’s season)
- Back to strategy – They’re not going to put Natalie up for Road Kill (if they win) because they want Bronte picking Natalie for PoV.
- 11:45am – They turn to the fishtank to see the fish all eating another one.
- Poor Bronte is sadly begging James “If things go the way they are supposed to go with a certain someone being evicted (Victor), can we at least try to win HoH next week?” Between hearing Zaki’s impression of her during the comp and this, I actually feel bad. Has to suck watching a teammate intentionally throw a competition and be helpless about it. If you’re wondering, last night Zaki quoted Bronte during the comp “Please don’t throw this, James! Please!”
- 12:30pm – Victor is up in the HoH room with his new bff of the week, Paulie. They’re talking about random ‘bro’ stuff. Meanwhile, James, Nicole, Corey and Van2.0 are hanging out in the living room
- 1:00pm – Feeds down. Road Kill challenge?
- 2:45pm – Feeds still down
- 4:00pm – Feeds still down. Long comp
- 4:15pm – Running to store, hopefully feeds are up by the time I get back
- 5:00pm – Back, feeds still down. I guess Friday’s are going to be long ones until the Road Kill challenge twist is complete
- 6:20pm – Feeds back, let’s see what happened, if we can find out..
- Victor won the Road Kill challenge
- He plans on putting James on the block, James is ready for it
- The vets are talking, and they’re all worked up because Paul has been spreading the backdoor Victor plan. Smooth
- 7:00pm – Frank is in the safari room having a pity party because he chose the wrong side and now wants everyone to feel bad for him. He is playing innocent, but obviously he was one of the major players beating the drumb against the vets
- Nicole joins the conversation worried that she may be a target. The guys tell her no. It will likely be James
- 7:21pm – James plans on throwing the veto competition which increases the odds someone like Paulie wins so he can put Victor on the block.
- Been staring here at fish all day waiting for the feeds to return, so I need a break. I’ll probably start a new thread or update this one later.
- 10:20pm – I just spent some time watching someone play virtual reality. That’s how I spend my breaks. Anyway, inside the house, Paulie is laying in bed with Zaki while the rest of the house is hanging around the kitchen
- 10:30pm – Bronte and Natalie have a private conversation. Both speculate production will put in multiple Victor names in the POV bag so he’ll play for drama. They don’t cut the feeds like they would for that talk
- Feed switches, Nicole and Day are annoyed the power has gone to Paulie’s head, while Van2.0 is crying about Frank lying to her on different feed.
- I switched and flashbacked. Vic told Frank he is putting Tiffany up instead of James. Frank lied to her and said Victor didn’t say anything. So, she went upstairs and asked Paulie who let her know Frank told him Victor said Tiff. Now she’s freaking out about being lied to and being put on the block. Nicole and Day were annoyed Paulie told her.
- Everyone joined the HoH room to calm down Tiffany, then broke up to make it not look suspicious. That is when Nicole/Day were talking about the situation (from a few lines up)
- Here is Frank’s reaction to learning Paulie told Tiffany…
- 10:43pm – The spy girls meet up. Bridgette is reporting the shadiness that happened with Zaki pulling all the people in the HoH room to comfort Tiff. The girls talk about trying to work privately with Tiff
- 10:50pm – Tiff enters the room and re-tells to the spy girl
- They all assure her she’s safe, blah blah blah.
- 11:20pm – Things have calmed down, and gross Nicole is talking once again about how she likes popping pimples
- 11:40pm – Paulie called to DR. Could be doing nominations. It should be Tiffany, but I may be sleeping by the time feeds return
Off to bed. Overnight in morning!