Good afternoon, everyone! It’s the first Sunday from the Big Brother house, and I still can’t really get over that. This is the first time seeing the opening week on feeds, and I still don’t know what to think about it. I know I definitely feel more engaged this season, as I really hate how the feeds typically come on after the first CBS episode. This makes me try to catch up on about 6 days worth of updates, and a good portion of that is the juicy stuff that occasionally slips out.
During a typical season, the cast knows they can open up more during that first week because they’re not on the feeds. This is when a majority of the ‘getting to know you’ stuff is done, and also the fun part of their backgrounds. Like, I still don’t know which Disney Channel actress dated Paul.. well, I sort do, but it is because I found an article linking the pair in a few instagram snaps. There was probably more information on it, but I never heard it because stuff like that was said in the first week and rarely spoken of since (btw, I’d say who it was, but I don’t know who she is, so I forgot her name. I only watch Disney for Star Wars Rebels).
Uh oh, I started rambling. As far as BBOTT goes, it’s slowly moving along. Last night, King Monte made 5 people ‘safe’, and we got to hear about it all night. He put WAY too much thought into it, and is clearly overplaying the game right now. Neeley was first because nobody thinks they’re working together (they’re not), but he wanted people to think they may be. A few plastics were in the middle (Morgan and Whit) with Cornbread before Shane went last. Monte then left the throne to explain to the house not to read into his first 5 picks… he likes everyone, blah blah blah… more blah blah blah and that went on for about 4-5 minutes. Seriously. Over 5 picks. He then took Shane upstairs and explained why he put him 5th, and it is because everyone knew they’re together, so he wasn’t going to be faking anyone out with that.
Dude… bro… Relax. It’s the first 5 picks. Nobody cared. Those who are not close with you were not expecting to be picked the first day, so there was nothing surprising about it. The buildup will come today when he has to pick 5 more and the remaining 2 automatically become nominated. This is when people will start freaking out and you can analyze their reactions.
Anyway, I’ll get into the feeds…
- 9:30am – Neeley is the only one up right now, so she decided to go up to the HoH room (which Monte keeps locked and has a key around his neck 24/7) and wake him up. She rang the bell twice, then knocked.. just to tell him ‘thank you’ for keeping her off the block. Wow, weird social move.
- I know they have to get up in 30 minutes anyway, but if he doesn’t answer with one ring, leave. 2 bell rings and a knock is auto-eviction in my book!
- Updates will be scattered for the next 3 hours as it’s Sunday afternoon (Pats), but I’ll have my laptop open to do occasional updates
- Also, the nomination will happen at 10pm est (7pm pst), so plenty of time before Monte gets another erection from his power trip
- 11:30pm – Everyone is up and hanging out.
- Shelby is hanging with Kryssie while Morgan is talking to Jason who is in the shower
- Morgan goes into the bathroom “Don’t listen to me shit”
- 12:40pm – Well, the Pats game didn’t go as well as I had hoped. Time to check in on the feeds
- Part of the Jamboree are up near the chess board (Shel, Scot, Krys) chatting.
- Some are in the kitchen making lunch
- 12:50pm – Maybe I’m wrong. Danielle is outside talking to Jason about Neeley trying to move to the other side of the house
- She mentioned how during the lockdown, Neeley and Morgan were up in the HoH room with Monte, and now she was first saved. So, perhaps picking Neeley first was a good way to have people show their cards a little
- 1:05pm – Scott and Alex are in the bedroom chatting.
- It’s funny he started talking about yesterday how weird Cornbread was. This was referring to the time when the four of them (those three + Shelby) were in the kitchen. Cornbread was telling this great and interesting story, but as soon as Shelby left, Cornbread turned to the other two and started bashing Shelby. Scott mocks how CB was during that
- I’m pretty sure if I was in this season, I’d be in an alliance with Scott and Alex guaranteed. They’re my nerds
- Danielle comes in and breaks up the conversation
- 1:40pm – That conversation breaks up and Scott heads outside to talk to Jason. Tuning in to Shelby, Morgan and Monte in the HoH room.
- Morgan, you’re spending too much time with Monte. Don’t scare us.
- Monte is up in the HoH room because he thinks the nomination thing will be earlier today. He’s going to be waiting awhile.
- Morgan leaves to get done up. Shelby half jokes to Monte “You don’t want to talk any game with me, do you?”
- Shelby is talking about the players in the game, and mentions how someone was pissed that they were told to make their social media private (probably because they have something to promote). I had a feeling BB made them do that for some reason this season because every profile I’ve found was private. Speaking of, feel free to let me know official twitter profiles so I can add to their pages
- 2:00pm – I am doing some heavy procrastinating because I need to clean up the house a bit, so I’d rather watch the house during a super boring period
- Jason is doing some tweezing of his eyebrow, and a few people eating.
- 2:30pm – Jason is upstairs talking to Monte. He is trying to work the ‘leave a bigger threat’ angle in the house. Monte doesn’t seem to be listening. He just says things like he respects Jason for not kissing ass
- 5:00pm – We’re already on ‘putting makeup on the boys’ level boredom in the house
- Don’t worry guys, 2 more hours until noms
- Kryssie gets a call from production about not talking about her DR somewhere in the house. Shelby is with Alex and Scott and says “It’s probably nothing we haven’t heard yet. Talking about her band, or how she can’t take her jacket off” (she can’t because of her tattoos. She has a detailed Robocop tattoo which is copyright apparently. So, why cast her?
- 6:15pm – Meeting of the plastics in the storage room
- Morgan tells the girls that Monte is going to put Danielle up as a pawn. Alex celebrates and asks if she can vote her out
- Whitney leaves and the sisters have a slight spat. Nothing major. Alex is telling Morgan to stop dressing down because they are looking too much alike. She needs to keep her fake lashes on.
- Morgan gets upset that she has to do that, but understands. Alex jokes she is going to take out Morgan
- Morgan leaves and Alex self-talks a little “Somehow I got stuck working with my sister”