Happy Sunday, everyone. It’s late in the season and I am running out of ways to begin these daily threads. A quick recap of yesterday is the power of veto competition was held. It was a ‘mess the house’ competition where players hid something around the house and I think the last person to have their item found was the winner. The former corrections officer and Big Brother 17 hide ‘n’ seek champion was the easy winner, which of course resulted in a night of whining and crying by Vanessa and the twins. I heard numerous times how they just ‘had’ to have this type of conversation when James was in trouble.
I’m sure it will be a fairly busy day for Vanessa as she is really struggling on who to put on the block to replace James. She has been tossing around the idea of Julia as a pawn (who is not at all happy about that), but for her sake, she really better be doing the old ‘fake pawn’ routine. Vanessa is quickly running out of options if she wants to win this game, and one of the few remaining scenarios is to carry John and Meg along. Another good option would be sitting next to Austin in the final 2, but that would require masterful work of using the other side of the house to start splitting up that alliance.
That’s where this week comes in. Vanessa should most definitely use Julia as the pawn, and then allow James, John and Steve to vote her out. Oops. Her plan ‘failed’, and Julia becomes a pawn causality. Not Vanessa’s fault.. right? After that, Vanessa can become closer with Austin and Liz while secretly working with Steve and John and allow both pair to battle each other while also battling the pair of James/Meg. Messy situation, but I put Vanessa as #1 on my power rankings, so she has to make a big move this week if she wants to remain there.
With that – Updates:
- 10:30am – John is up and relaxing on the hammock
- 1:30pm – Took a nap. Came back to see Vanessa talking to the twins. It looks like Julia will indeed be going on the block as a pawn. Vanessa joked that she’d give her $10k if she went out the door this week.
- Even if Vanessa isn’t planning for an ‘oops’ eviction, Steve and maybe even Austin will be absolutely foolish not to take advantage of this situation. All Austin has to do is be the 3rd vote and blame it on Steve. He would have to be certain John is going to vote for Meg to stay.
- Vanessa really did offer $10k if Julia went home, apparently the DR yelled at her and told her it is not allowed.
- 2:30pm – Meg is up chatting with Vanessa
- Vanessa is upset that James brought up her speech and feels she was being made fun of.
- Vanessa said that if Meg won HoH next week, she’d put her up. Meg said it would make sense, but it wouldn’t mean she’d be a target
- Oh boy, Vanessa is re-telling how offended she was by James saying she was playing too hard, and even randomly pulled the gay card. Well done
- After about an hour, the talk breaks up. Nothing really amazing about the conversation.
- 6:30pm – Back from watching the CBS episode. Wow, they really had to stretch out that endurance competition. I really think the amount of time they spent on it was longer than the actual competition. They had to flood it with DR sessions to fill space. Sad.
- On the feeds, Steve, Julia, and John are outside by the pool (hottub) chatting about random junk
- 7:55pm – Austin has been talking with Vanessa. He thinks the feeds and CBS episodes are showing them in their true light. The joking around, him and Liz bonding, etc. Yes, they are, but it’s still gross
Check back for more updates