Good afternoon, everyone! It’s Friday and finally we have more than just noms today. The hacker competition will begin today and I expect that to probably be like the backyard trailer thing they did a season or two ago where they’re all individually going. This means it should take a while, so there will be a lot of downtime today.
I want to start this post by talking about Angela (aka ‘furniture’) who has now earned the spotlight due to her savage goodbye message to Rachel as well as her HoH win shortly after. A tweet I noticed this morning was from Elena making fun of Angela calling anyone irrelevant as well as many others who have similar thoughts about her. Let’s ignore the irony that Elena is only remembered for having a showmance with Wreck-It-Ralph and talk about her point. Was Angela irrelevant this season? The answer is a quick ‘no’.
As someone who has the pleasure (?) of watching the live feeds pretty much from the moment I wake up until going to bed, I called Angela under the radar weeks ago when I judged the house on their quarterly grades. This is because other than Tyler, she has actually contributed most to her alliance in the forms of brains. She was the one who immediately recognized Winston’s uselessness and began to campaign privately for Brett to stay when they were nominated together. She also refused to believe Rachel’s re-telling of her conversation with Bayleigh where Bay said Tyler wanted Angela on the block. It was again her decision to cut her final 2 go because of her (Rachel) willingness to believe the other alliance rather than her own. It was her plan to have Scottie and Brett hang out last week to help further confuse the ‘Hive’ alliance for the vote that sent out Rachel. She’s also been behind many other plans to confuse the other side with manipulation like that.
To her credit, Kaycee has also been a lot more active than the show depicts, but she still hasn’t been on the same strategic level as Angela. With those plans above that worked, Angela has also suggested many other plans that never happened all while smiling to the faces of everyone in the house, cooking them dinner, and playing the dumb model who is just there for fame. Tyler has deservedly received a lot of praise for being a mastermind behind his alliance (as he is), but Angela has brilliantly been doing it all behind the scenes to avoid being a target to anyone.
Time for some updates…
- 10:20 am – Feeds have been down for some reason for quite a while. I’d normally think it would be for nominations but they would have shown clips of past episodes rather than fish.
- 11:00 am – Feeds still down. No clue why
- Looking back, at 9:34 am, a little cloud appeared on the screen in the kitchen. Could Tyler have used his cloud app for some reason?
- 11:55 am – Feeds finally back. Trying to see if anything happened
- Nobody talking about anything that happened during the downtime
- Scratch that, it appears feeds were down for nominations
- Scottie and Rockstar have been nominated (look at the nomination wall)
- Brett is chatting in the room with Haleigh, Bay, and Kaycee. No sign of Rockstar anywhere. Scottie was in the kitchen and he’s fine. I think he was expecting it
- Note – Bayleigh did not use her power this week. If I am right, she has two more nomination ceremonies to be able to use it
- 12:10 pm – Rockstar sighting
- She’s in bed alone crying. She’s had a rough 24h between getting blindsided, Angela winning, being scolded by Bayleigh about potentially flipping on her alliance (which she didn’t) to now nominated.
- Just a few days ago, she was planning the final 5 with Bayleigh. Never do that in this game
- 12:30 pm – Scottie says he got sucked into Rachel a little which is why he’s on the block
- Sam then gives him some pep talk about how he naturally goes to whoever is in distress
- Sam says that Rachel may have been attempted to have a showmance with him as a strategy and Sam wanted to prevent that because apparently it’s Sam’s decision who Scottie hooks up with
- For the record – Rachel wasn’t trying to have a showmance with Scottie
- In another room, RS is crying to Fessy about — Brett of course!
- RS is upset at Angela now. Calls her a spoiled ass rich kid
- RS – The apex of my problem is Brett…. no, the apex of your problem is your obsession with Brett. Put on your big girl panties and play
- 12:50 pm – Scottie is in the HN room with Kaycee fishing for information. KC is saying how the house is over RS
- 1:05 pm – Feeds down, probably for the hacker comp. No clue how long this will last
- 3:45 pm – Feeds back. Let’s ee if anyone reveals if they won
- Sam is raging because nobody knows and nobody is saying. If it’s Tyler who won, we likely won’t know for a few days lol
- In 30 minutes they’ll do the hacker nom
- 4:40 pm – Everyone is quiet on who won the app. Angela and Brett suspect Scottie
- 5:15 pm – Feeds down for likely hacker reveal (what the hacker chose to do)
- 5:40 pm – Went to get a coffee, that was quicker than expected
- Haleigh is the hacker (not yet revealed to house)
- Scottie removed from block, Tyler nominated
- Not sure the reasoning behind this move. My only guess is that Haleigh is framing Scottie because it makes zero sense to do this move otherwise.
- 5:55 pm – In front of RS (his ally nominated), Scottie admits he’d take Tyler down if he won the veto lol
- 6:50 pm – Brett is in the shower and he tells Tyler that he saw Bayleigh and RS laughing
- 7:40 pm – Angela is talking to Tyler
- The last hour has been spent with Tyler and Scottie speculating on who got the hacker comp. Tyler thinks it’s Bayleigh
- JC comes up and they start bashing Bayleigh. Poor Bay is getting the heat for the hacker comp
Check back for updates