Good morning! We survived an extremely slow week in the house but it’s over and hopefully things pick up with a new hoh. Nominations will be today and plans for them were discussed last night. Before I get into the overnight recap, I wanted to mention a few things from the live episode.
- Julie looked lovely last night or as Haleigh says (without looking at her) she looked “radiant.” I’ve been puzzled by her stylists choices over the years but this season, I think she might have a new one.
- KC did a better job with her speech than last time. It wasn’t great but it was better.
- What does Fessy have against ducks?
- Did anyone else feel for Scottie while watching his interview with Julie? He’s in love, evicted and on top of that, doesn’t have any form of public speaking as a career choice.
We saw the start of the hoh comp before the show ended and it was the comp many of us thought it would be. The balls didn’t fall from the sky this time but it was the same comp. All I thought of when I saw the set up was the clown shoe and Jeff from his comp years ago. REALvegas4sure, the twitter leaker, sent out a tweet at the end of the show saying it would be aired on the feeds. People started complaining because the feeds didn’t come on for a long time. I was surprised by how many people were saying they were canceling the feeds because they didn’t get to see it. Sure, it was disappointing but it isn’t as if CBS announced it was going to be shown and then didn’t show it. We were told it would be shown by a Twitter leak. I think because this person has been right many times, people have started seeing it as an official source of information.
According to the leak, they were going to show it to make up for the short length of last week’s HOH comp. They ran into difficulties with the comp setup and because of that, they would have blocked the feeds anyway once the comp started so I say easy come, easy go. Maybe the disappointment is easy for me and anyone else who watches BB Canada. Their feeds go down for 12 hours at a time. Granted, the feeds are free so I guess you get what you pay for. Oftentimes, they block the feeds for hours right after a comp or a ceremony (when there’s the most fighting and drama) because they want to save it for the show. (This isn’t related to anything but Canada also tapes the Thursday “live show” a few hours before it’s aired which I find very odd) Canada’s BB is AMAZING so it’s worth the trouble imo for anyone interested in checking it out.
Last night, we also learned the start of the comp we saw on TV was only done for TV. They gave more detailed instructions and restarted the comp after the show ended. They had to pause the comp 2 or 3 times because something kept breaking and had to be repaired. We think it was the lollipops that were supposed to move back and forth as an obstacle for the rolling balls. In the end, Angela was the new HOH. We went a long time without a repeat hoh winner. It’s actually tied with BB6 at 8 weeks and that’s a fitting season to be tied with. The team mentality is comparable to that season too and the move Fessy made this week is similar to what Howie did during his hoh in BB6 when he was also tricked into putting up allies.
The really good stuff will happen later today but here’s what happened last night after the feeds came back:
- Fessy and Hay began to argue because she was sure she would be going otb. You can see he thinks she’s crazy and wrong while she’s planning on blaming it all on him.
- Hay was upset because she saw Brett celebrating with Tyler and KC. She didn’t get why they weren’t doing that with them. (We know the deal L6 made was fake but IF it was real, it’s supposed to be a secret so why would they be celebrating with Fes and Hay anyway?)
- Fessy is VERY proud of himself. He made sure everyone knew the first unanimous vote happened during his hoh. Later, Angela said Fessy had thanked her and she told L6 that it was no problem and she’d vote out Fessys alliance members anytime he wanted. Hay even told him he was trying to take too much credit for the week. He said he’ll look like a genius if Scottie was really doing shady stuff. He also thinks he looks like a genius for giving the house Sam as this week’s target. (If it walks like an idiot and talks like an idiot……it’s Fessy)
- Sam stayed to herself and mopped the storage room and cleaned the frig.
- They got a rare booze delivery.
- Brett was excited to be able to hang out with his friends again since pretending won’t be required anymore and they had a L6 moment doing their hand thing.
- Angela requested sleepovers in her hoh room. Tyler’s already called Saturday when he’s done being a have not. JC wasn’t thrilled.
- We knew Angela didn’t want to win but this may have been a hard one to throw. We won’t know until we see it played out. She barely beat Tyler and KC was close behind them.
- Hay said Tyler was giving her tickets during the comp but Angela wasn’t. That’s another reason she thinks she’s going up.
- L6 was trying to meet up but Hay had Brett “cornered” downstairs, that was KC’s word. Once he finally made it to the hoh, KC asked Brett if Hay had pet him enough. Lol
- This was Hay playing the game hard using her killer instinct strategy that KC was referencing:
- L6 had some conversations over how to approach the week. I think Angela knows she’s already screwed with Bay and RS for votes so she was trying to avoid going back on the fake deal she made with Hay & Fes. She considered still putting Sam and Hay otb. Everyone including JC told her it was a mistake.
- Angela was worried Sam would put her up if she won (true) and wanted to tell Hay she was a pawn.
- Brett thought Fes & Hay had to go up together to avoid Fes using a veto to take Hay off. He was right but he kept complaining about Sam and didn’t realize he was making it worse. (We get it, you’re over Sam but if you don’t want her otb, SHUT UP!)
- Angela knew what she had to do and was just dreading doing it. She said it was best for L6 but maybe not best for her. (yes and no)
- After some encouragement and team talk, it looked like the noms would be Fes & Hay.
- Fessy continued to tell Hay he’d fixed things for her so she shouldn’t worry. He thinks Sam and JC will go up with Sam as the target. It never occurred to him that HE could go otb at all.
- Hay asked to sleep with KC and KC pointed out there were enough beds for everyone to have their own now. (Hay may panic if she had to play the game instead of playing with people’s hair)
- Hay said Scottie would’ve won the comp if he was still there. Some said it was luck and some said it was skill. Either way, Kryssie won it during OTT so I think it was anyone’s game. She had to almost self evict once over the equivalent of a paper cut, remember?
- Hay pouted because she wanted another week in the hoh room. Be ready for her to start random arguments with Fessy this week snd blame him over her going otb. She probably won’t remember that she put Angela otb, put KC otb and put Tyler otb during Angela’s hoh week.
Angela will be going back on a recent deal she made with Fessy and Haleigh but she has to get out one of them. We know there’s a battle back now and the hg’s were talking about it too. A Foutte person will be coming back so if they get one out this week, there will still only be two of them in the house after the battle back. Yes, Sam will probably nom Angela if she wins an hoh but so will Fessy and Haleigh so she needs to strike first. I think Angela already knows this and just needed a pep talk to get her geared up to do it today. It’s what I expect to happen but check back for Steve’s update later to find out for sure. Have a great Friday!