Good Monday morning. I hope you all did something nice or at least relaxing over the weekend. I was looking forward to the Sunday episode just to see the movie posters and anything we missed from the double eviction. I don’t like seeing the posters as a comp because it doesn’t work well from a viewers standpoint but I like the posters themselves and the thought that goes into them. With BB Comics, I like both and am looking forward to seeing them on Wednesday. This years movie art was ok with their creativity but wow, did they have an oops moment or what when they made the one with Kevin and Swaggy?
Everyone knows Kevin and Swaggy arn’t exactly friends anymore after the whole charity that wasn’t a charity debacle. I guess a little controversy won’t stop production from forcing Swaggy and Bayleigh onto our tv screens. Kevin just had his 3rd surgery and Tweeted out a thank you to everyone for their support and said even though he wasn’t watching feeds, he’d gotten an update on Nicole and Cliffs recent wins. He was trying not to get too excited since he was in the hospital. (Kevin is so amazing)
Yesterday was a slow day on the feeds, especially with noms about to change. There’s only 5 people in the house but it could still pick up after the veto ceremony. Beth already knows she’s going on the block but she may freak out a little once she’s actually sitting there. How long will it take before she and Jackson realize Nicole is trying to convince Cliff to evict Beth? I’m curious to see how this week plays out but for now, lets go over what happened yesterday. Also, I’ve got a trivia question since we may not have much to talk about the next couple of days. (I’ll post the answer tomorrow but lets see who comes up with it first in the comments)
Trivia Question: (In BBUS) Only two times prior to today, has a person NOT on the block, won the final 5 veto competition AND used the veto, forcing the one remaining person in the house to be nominated. Which two season did it happen and with which players?
- Jackson and Beth remain on the verge of splitting up. They keep poking and poking at each other. Jackson’s done everything except say “this ends in 2 weeks” but Beth just goes and puts on more make up like nothings been said. They had a conversation yesterday about their age difference and where they each are in their lives. She talks about be beyond the partying stage of her life and Jackson made it clear, he wasn’t. He’d been asking her if she was the type to get mad if he wanted to go out with his friends. (There isn’t one person in that house who doesn’t already know the answer to this) She said no, then immediately began telling him all the exceptions which would cause her to get mad. Jackson performed another one of his math equations regarding alcohol content and wine. He was explaining to Beth and Tommy, by his calculation, it would take him 3 full bottles of wine to become intoxicated. I think he was looking for a response close to “wow, you’re a badass” but instead, Tommy looked concerned and Beth looked annoyed. (This is just one of those moments that displays Jacksons immaturity. I have a friend who used to do this. Now, he’s a retired Marine but when he was younger, he wanted to come off like he poured a fifth of Jack Daniels over his cornflakes for breakfast. He didn’t but he thought it made him sound tough and cool to say it. Great guy but I always gave him the kind of looks Tommy gave to Jackson)
- Things were fine for now because they headed off together to take a shower and we know what kind because shampoo was replaced by the stool:
- And the soap was replaced with the towel:
- Later, Tommy asked Jackson if he felt like Beth and Jackson had a future together. Jackson told Tommy he’d be happy for Beth if she ended up with someone else. He said he cares about her enough that as long as she was happy, he’d be cool with it. He said they’ll stay close no matter what. (Yep, he’s setting things up for the ‘I love you enough to let you go’ speech) He told Tommy they’re in different stages in their lives and naturally, wanted it to sound like he was sacrificing himself for Beths happiness. He also said, it will be great if they can make it work but he didn’t sound nearly as passionate about it as he did the other.
- Nicole and Tommy laid on the hammock and talked about how the game has changed them. They discussed their personal lives and both cried. Nicole said she’s had a lot of people in her life pass away and it caused her to try and not be as close to people. She said coming into the house has made her realize that’s what she’s been doing. They also talked about the game. I’m not sure how to describe this conversation because for the most part, Tommy was saying what Nicole wanted to hear. At the same time, it’s as if he was being hesitant to fully get on board with her. He assured her he’d go after Jackson if he stayed and said he’d be rooting for her if he left so it wasn’t what he said, it was the WAY he said things. He said things like he wanted to let the week play out and said he wanted to play a clean game. She asked him if Jackson or Beth said anything to him before the veto about how he needed to win it. He said he didn’t want to answer. (I understand someone not wanting to show their cards for fear of being tricked but there’s only 2 people voting so what am I missing here?) He did say he wanted to talk to both Clifd and Nicole together and possibly Cliff by himself just to see what Cliff would need from him to keep him. Nicole told him Cliff’s already said Tommy would have to promised to go after Jackson next week.
- As everyone joined them, Tommy asked them if they felt like the game had changed them. It was just an honest conversation and not related to the game. Everyone said yes and described thoughts on it. When Beth joined, she was the last one asked. After appearing to struggle for what to say, and not hearing what the others had said, she said “I feel like I’m supposed to say yes.”
I only mention this because it’s the perfect example of why I don’t care for Beth. With her, I’m not watching someone living in a house to see how they cope and play a game. What I’m actually watching, is someone living in a house, trying to play a character and becoming upset when she forgets and drops character.
- Cliff and Nicole discussed which decision would be better for them this week. He isn’t convinced yet but told her he’s open to talking about it. He said about the same thing some of us have been saying. He told Nicole one direction made the F3 an easier path but F2 harder. The other way makes getting to F3 harder but the F2 easier. He’s right but we still don’t have an answer yet as to what hea doing to do. (Ok, I’m not saying this would be a smart game move AT ALL but I think it would be hilarious if Nicole couldn’t get Cliff to commit so she took Tommy off the block and the two of them voted Beth out. She wouldn’t need Cliffs vote that way. Obviously, Tommy would probably vote Cliff out and Beth would stay. I just think it would be funny to see)
- Nicole goes over her reasoning to herself again and plans for her veto speech:
- They all took turns having to go to the DR last night and used the pool table as a table for a cheese, crackers and wine evening. (They’ve been stashing the alcohol they’ve been getting to drink it al at once. Some seasons they won’t let them do this) Beth finally found something that would let her shine so instead of getting to have their little party, she put them through a wine tutorial instead.
- They looked to be really enjoying it too:
- Pop tv sent them beer pong without any additional alcohol but they played and at least, had something to do. Orwell sent out some shady Tweets too, as usual:
- Jackson told everyone what a saint he is for the 1000th time. He blames anything bad we see on things Christie’s said about him. He made some comment about live feeders not being very many people and not amounting to a skid mark on underwear or something like that. (That’s ok, I kind of think he’s shit too so fair is fair) He tooted his own horn all evening and they talked more about uncomfortable things that have happened in the game. (this is always around the time people want to share because they’ve ran out of things to talk about. They feel like its safe too because the numbers are so low) They went over the night everyone went against Nicole again. I’ve lost count of how many times this has been discussed in recent days. Jackson retold his version, which includes him being Nicoles protector when he shut the door in her face. He said was only trying to keep her away from the mob. Beth told Nicole she didn’t do or say anything when everyone was upstairs trashing her. Jackson said “I kept you out to protect you.” This was Nicoles expression earlier in the day when he tried to sell her the same bullshit story:
- It was also during the earlier conversation when Beth told Nicole she really liked Kemi and wished she’d talked to her more. She said she didn’t because Kemi had already been blacklisted. Nicole didn’t seem impressed with this explanation and I’m loving Nicole having them grovel to her this week, even if they’re doing it with lies. Nicole doesn’t buy it so let them bounce around this week making bigger asses of themselves. Cliff told them he couldn’t wait for them to see the footage of Nicole coming back downstairs after they wouldn’t let her in the hoh room. After they went through it again last night, Nicole told them “If you had let me in that room, I would have buried you.” (just when I think I can’t like her any more than I already do) I get what Jackson and Beth are trying to accomplish. Once again, they want to tell us what we did and didn’t see. If they only knew, the clip of the H8ful alliance up in the hoh room trashing Nicole and screaming like it was Lord of The Flies, keeps getting recirculated all over social media every time they lie about it. So much for Tommy’s theory that we only believe the last thing we see.
- They went over comps and Tommy felt the need to mention who threw some of the ones Jackson won. (It was a subtle dig from Tommy but I liked it. I also think he’s tired of having to listen to Sis, Christie and Jack, who are his friends, be trashed all the time) Jackson still doesn’t believe Sis threw the chicken coop comp even though Tommy’s repeatedly told him she did. When Jackson mentioned another comp he won, Tommy said “I think Nick threw that one.”
- Beth spent the evening rattling on and on about….I have no idea what and it isn’t worth going over so short version: Look at me! Look at me!
- Beth boiled eggs and has an Easter egg hunt planned for sometime today. She told Jackson a couple days ago, she wanted to come up with a lot of activities so Tommy wouldn’t have time to campaign or any of them to plot anything. She also has a campaign brunch planned but I’m not sure which day. Yep, you read it correctly. She’s going to save her ass with a brunch. (If it works, go Beth!)
- Beth spent hours doing makeup while everyone hung out outside. Jackson told her she needed to get outside and be around everyone. He still doesn’t think they’re in trouble this week but just in case, he thinks she needs to be on top of things. I saw the funniest thing yesterday and tried to get the pic but it happened too fast. Beth had been walking around the kitchen after doing her makeup, with her shirt staying up and in place just fine. As she went to open the door to the backyard, she dropped it off one shoulder intentionally. She was finally camera ready and headed to join the others.
- Beth and Jackson argued for a long time into the night and I’m not getting into that either. Basically, Cliff told them all about The Challenge because he’s into the show and Jackson was interested. Since it’s a show notorious for hook ups along with physical challenges, Beth wasn’t pleased. Later, he told her it was obvious he wouldn’t plan on drinking with her when they get out of the house. Beth really did enjoy the wine.
Check back later for any Veto ceremony fall out and have a great Monday.