Good evening, everyone!
Well, that was a night. As expected, as soon as the show starts, my site starts crapping out and I get errors. This is likely due to the advanced comment features we have. I don’t think it’s built well enough to handle larger amounts of traffic so I’m going to have to slowly re-add them and possibly disable the more advanced features during live nights.
Alright, tonight went pretty much as expected. The leaked cast was basically spot on except I really expected to see Josh as the last person. I’m going to guess he got the coronavirus seeing as FL is a major hotspot right now. Wait, what’s the etiquette on guessing that? Are we not allowed to guess someone has it? Can I call it ‘rona? Am I going to be canceled because of this?
Some ‘highlights’ of the night if you can call them that:
- Nicola (that’s what I’m going to call Nicole A until we have a better nickname) really struggled in the HoH competition. I am pretty sure I heard her apologize to one of the star pad things after she fell. Then proceeded to fall off the same exact pad moments later.
- Ian had a good run only to take the wrong path on his second attempt. Did he throw it? Maybe. Maybe not. Does it matter? Not really.
- I actually enjoyed seeing returning players this season mostly because it’s all returning players. I didn’t get the feeling of people being star-struck and I really believe anyone in the house has a chance to not only win but lose early. What this means is that nobody is going to cruise their way to midgame simply because they’re a returning player. I like it. As I said before, either all newbies or all vets. No more mixing.
That’s enough rambling about the episode. Feeds are about to begin and I’m going to try and stay up as late as I can. I’m only running on a few hours sleep so I’m not sure how well that will go but I want to grab some screenshots and see how people are settling in.
- 11:00 pm – Countdown stopped but feeds didn’t start yet.
- Alright, feeds are up.
- Not much going on. People hanging around chatting. I don’t expect much game talk to happen this soon anyway. It’s just so surreal! It’s happening!
- This kind of has a Celebrity Big Brother vibe going on right now with so many familiar faces but I’m sure that’ll fade very quickly once the game actually gets going.
- The camera zooms in on this like I need a reminder that Christmas is in the house
- Nicole and Dani are off to the side talking crap about some houseguests. Mentioned Janelle plus talked about how they both ghosted Nicola’s podcast.
- Nicola and Kaysar share a moment in the pantry about her being bullied last year. He says it wasn’t cool. With Nicole in the other room whispering about her, we may have a repeat?
- Cody gets his HoH room and Christmas peers on figuring out how she can float through another season (yea, I feel I’m going to be pretty hard on her this year. I think she should have been removed when injured)
- The crew are talking about when they think the season will end. Someone said the 21st or 28th of October which sounds about right to me
Alright, 4am here. Off to bed.