Good afternoon, everyone!
It’s the first Friday in the Big Brother house and it should be the first nomination day of the season! Cody had a very small plan for nominations that were quickly erased yesterday when Kaysar won the safety competition and shared his safety with Janelle. Both were supposed to be going on the block today, but now neither will be.
I say it’s a small plan because there isn’t anything major going on in the house yet. While the ‘old school’ vs ‘new school’ battle seems to be forming, there is definitely no longterm outlook yet on anything. Cody is clearly looking to nominate people he has had less exposure to which means anyone who has been on the show since around his season and later.
In yet another parallel to high school, which I touch on occasionally, especially with the cliques, being a reality show star is like your year in school. To Cody, he’s the senior on the block, someone like NicoleA is the freshman, and Kaysar is the college grad who came back to hang out at some high school party.
Until actual relationships get formed, that’s how this season is heading, but I don’t think it’ll be like that for the entire stretch. By week 3 or 4, what season you were on in the past should be irrelevant unless you were in the same season. People who spend 60+ days together in the house already will always have more of a connection for better or worse. Someone like Bayleigh and Tyler who butted heads, that may be bad. They’ll probably never trust each other. But Cody and FNicole? They’re going to be tighter than anything other than a showmance.
I know FNicole has been around for 2 full seasons now, and with 3 boyfriends from the show (Hayden, Corey, Victor) it’s not hard to forget that she was working with Cody and Derrick during season 16. I know there was rumored drama between her and Derrick heading into the season, but I know they’ve looked at her as a sister and have been in battle together. Those two right now are probably the tightest alliance in the house.
Wow, I kind of trailed off a bit. I guess that’s what happens when they pull this day 1 houseguests reveal crap on me which prevented me from spending two weeks fully analyzing their relationships with each other.
Let’s get to updates:
- 12:15 pm – Bayleigh is off just having casual talk with Kaysar while many are in the bathroom also talking about random stuff.
- Bay is explaining how Swaggy is loud and cocky because he’s from the east coast. Okay. I’m from the east coast. I didn’t know we were all loud of cocky.
- Kaysar asks what her parents thought when Swaggy showed up at their house lol. She said her mom didn’t mind but her father was a bit skeptical.
- In the bathroom, Keesha, Ian, and NicoleA are talking about showmances. They list the former showmances and count 6 (Jeff/Jordan, Rachel/Brendan, Dani/Dom, Tyler/Ang, Bay/Swag, Cody/Jess). They forgot 3 (FNicole/Hayden, FNicole/Corey, FNicole/Victor). Although Nicole and Victor weren’t technically a showmance, but neither were Dani and Dom.
- By the way, I tease FNicole about her showmances and stuff but I seriously don’t give a shit and actually don’t have an issue with her at all. I know she’s disliked by a huge group of fans, but I only make fun of her because she’s easy to make fun of. She’s one of those reality show people who just do stuff that’s easy for us bloggers to tease.
I’m trying to calculate my odds of going home right now, here is what I have:
Everyone else: +450
What this means is that Keesha currently has the highest odds to go home this week.
- 2:00 pm – Nicole has the first slop constipation of the season!
- 3:00 pm – Friday afternoons pre-noms are soooo boring.
- Dani whispers to Cody that Da’Vonne is scared of an all-guy alliance
- 4:45 pm – Feeds finally down for noms. Should be Keesha and Kevin
Check back for updates