Good morning all! I’m a little late to the party this year but I’m doing my best to get caught up. I’ve probably rushed it a little bit because I wanted to jump in before the 1st eviction and full disclosure…I’m not as prepared as I should be. I’ve been in the middle of moving AND remodeling a house….at the same time. (I don’t recommend it) Saturday will be the first night we sleep there and whether or not all of our floors will be in, is still up in the air. 1/3 of the house still can’t have the electricity turned on and the master bathroom is just an empty room. I DO have internet but only at the new place so I have to be there to watch the feeds. When you combine this with the fact that this seasons hgs (so far) like to talk game VERY late into the night, doing recaps the first week was going to be impossible. It’s usually around noon before I feel like I’m caught up from the previous night. (A big thank you to Tammy for the donation. I was so surprised because I hadn’t even contributed yet this season)
Selfishly, I’m kind of glad that last night was pretty slow because it gives me the chance to throw in my 2 cents about the season so far. I’m super excited about the cast and the potential for where the season can go. I’ve been pleased enough, that not even French Toast has been able to ruin it for me. Speaking of Frenchie, I feel like I’m watching someone have some kind of breakdown in real time. Hohitis at its max!! He’s a perfect example of how you can be a fan of the show and a live feeder. but not have the skills needed to play the game. His game has been absolutely nuts! I’m probably most curious to see how things go for him once he’s no longer the hoh. Sure, people have caught on that he can’t be trusted but he also doesn’t seem to be a major target for anyone….yet.
I’m completely obsessed with Tiffany and she’s giving me everything I could ask for from someone who is a fan of the show and a live feeder. She’s absolutely amazing and I’m loving everything about her and her game! I thought Xavier might be too reserved but his moments of camera talking have been some of the best things I’ve seen. He’s hilarious! Derek X is playing soooo badly but I think he’s great. I’m hoping he can survive long enough for a little of Tiffanys tutoring to help him. He made so many mistakes this first week because he simply doesn’t know the game. Seeing him confess to something he thought he was guilty of (but wasn’t) and watching it turn him into the house pariah was so sad.
I like Sarah Beth but I don’t know why she wants to target Derek X after finding out about the Slaughterhouse alliance. (That may be changing tho) I like the fight that Alyssa has shown and her calm while being on the block. However, I don’t like that her focus seems to be on the guys. I don’t like Whitney at all but maybe that’s just a personal take.
I like the way Azah keeps calm during the storm that is Frenchie but her need for alone time could be a detriment. Kyland is so likable but he’s a bad player so far. He just tells everything to the wrong people. I’m so glad we got Claire, especially since she began as an alternate. Derek F was funny to me….for about 3 days. It may just be his love of Frenchie that’s turning me against him tho. I could go on but I won’t because I know we’re past cast assessment time. (I’m going to have to look back and see what we’re all going with for names. Is it Derek F or Big D, is it Derek X or just Derek?)
Please forgive me if I’m not as thorough for the next couple of weeks as I have been in the past with the overnight recap. I’m used to doing this with my early morning coffee and my notes but for right now, I’ll be lucky if I can locate the coffee pot.
I don’t really care who leaves tonight. Alyssa put in a lot of work this week to stay but I fear she may just be an asset for some of the guys to get further. Travis did well with his pitch yesterday but where’s he been all week?
There wasn’t a ton of game talk last night. With French baguette climbing in to Derek X’s bed in the middle of the night this week to influence whether or not he used the veto, I expected more to be happening the night before eviction. However, there was a lot of talk about the girls alliance that includes Frenchie. (The name of is upsets my stomach early in th morning)
- Sarah made sure Kyland knew that Frenchie was covered with the entire house because he was in the girls alliance. She told him that Frenchie started it. It sounded like she’s realized she needs to go after the big alliance instead of going after Derek X. However, she mentioned putting up Derek X if someone from the big alliance came down, assuming she was the HOH (Not a good way to get at the big alliance)
- Frenchie asked Tiffany if she would throw a rogue vote so they can blame Derek X. She agreed but I have no idea if she really plans on doing it. With all the rogue vote talk, it would be hilarious if Travis stayed because of it.
- More and more people talked about the girls alliance and it’s coming out that Frenchie is actually the one who started it.
- They played more games and Derek F had a very sweet talk with Britini. She apparently left the room during some sex conversation for one of the games and said it made her feel uncomfortable.
- Tiffany and Clare touched base and had a little game talk about Frenchie and his safety next week and who would target him. ( I love this duo) Tiffany said they would french kiss Frenchie bye bye.
- Travis told Frenchie that people are telling him Frenchie will control the vote but Frenchie just told him to keep trying.
- Brent and Derek F went over upcoming targets. It’s clear Brent wants out Claire, Derek X and Britini.
- Christian and Derek X agreed to keep each other safe if the other won the HOH.
- Brent told Travis that the women are to blame for his being evicted. He said the women want a man to go home. Travis tossed around the idea of saying things about Frenchie in his speech and trying to blow up his game for being a liar. Brent discouraged this and told him his speech is how he would be remembered on the show and that he shouldn’t do it. (The Brent and Frencie duo is awful and I’m not feeling Karate Kid lite either)
- Most of them turned in for the night because they have a big day ahead of them. French Lick Indiana roamed around the house because he knew he didn’t have a comp to play on Thursday.
I know there is a ton of frustration over how much the feeds are being cut and it IS frustrating. Can you imagine if we had missed the craziness that the past week has shown us? Without night one feeds, we’d have missed ALL of this. Maybe I’m just being optimistic but I’ve reminded myself that it’s the 1st week. I’m hoping that all the cuts are the trade off to giving us night one feeds. Usually, the 1st week is sort of the teaching phase for the hgs. They are still learning what they can say, what they can’t say, what will get them scolded by production and so on. I know that certainly doesn’t cover all the times the feeds have been out but it does contribute to some of it during the 1st week. Maybe it will get better or maybe I’m just as crazy as French Revolution. I’m getting ready to live in a house where I could get a splinter from the subflooring just by walking to the bathroom in the middle of the night. Optimism is the best thing I have going for me right now!
Can’t wait to catch up with all of you! #BBJ4EVER